Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain picks Palin as his VP?

I just do not get it. Obama picks a life time politician as his VP choice and McCain turns around and in a seeming attempt to one up Obama in the ''Hey, look everybody I can make a bad choice to" category. Picks the Governor of Alaska--Sarah Palin for his VP. What......WHAT.......WHAT is going on?

Is this what politics has become in America? Candidates picking VP options based on behind the scenes maneuvering and political gamesmanship. How honestly do either of these VP options benefit either their parties or America in general? I would love for a conservative to help me answer this.

It is not that I have a problem with her being a woman. That is really a non issue for me. My problem is a lot the same problem that I have with Obama. A distinct lack of experience. What has she done?

Lets see--- She is 44, has a BS from the University of Idaho.......(Thats it). Has held a grand total of three public offices she was elected to the city council of Wasilla, Alaska and held that from 1992 to 1996. Then she was elected Mayor of the same city from 1996 to 2002. Then she was elected Governor of Alaska in 2006.

That is it folks. That is the sum total of her experience in public office.

Could someone please explain to me why she is the choice?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With those two executive office positions behind her, she has more top level government experience than any of the other 3 "candidates". She wrote her own speech for the convention, and from all accounts it was brilliant. I think McCain did what he did to cut the knees off of the Obama is Jesus push coming from the Dem's convention. Actually I found it sort of humorous that the reports of 85k packed Mile High stadium, were eclipsed by the following day's WWE stadium show that had 100k on site and another 20-30 million slack jawed yokels watching it.

Unknown said...

I still think that her choice was one of political gamesmanship as opposed to picking someone for the good of the country. As far as experience goes. The man that had the best and most experience for the office was Bill Richardson (even with the offer to investigate the UFO's). He had the experience and the willingness to do the job.

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree completely, she was chosen to throw water on the push that Obama got from the Dem convention. I don't disagree that Richardson has more executive xp than Palin, but two loons on one ticket would sink the boat I would think.