Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, November 07, 2008

The Bear is Waking up!!

I addressed this on a different post but I thought that I should give it its own section. Not one day after Barack Obama was elected President of the U. S. A. the Russian bear decided to let out a growl. The question is......Is this just normal diplomatic posturing that goes on when a new administration takes over? Or is this a sign of a distinct lack of respect or even understanding of what the U. S. is capable of with Obama in charge? Furthermore, does the Bush administration just lay back and let Russia bellow given that they will be out of office in 74 days, I believe, either way like my friend Van says, "The next few years are going to be very active?" So those are my question..........Lets get this conversation started please feel free to join in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Russia was going to be more active in the coming years regardless of who was president, but some presidents cause greater caution and even fear in tyrants than others, shall we say.

Unknown said...

I think that is a valid observation CT. As far as Russia goes it appears obvious to me that Putin has been trying to move them back to pre Gorbachev levels. But, I do think the presence of Obama may make them think they can flex their muscles a little bit.

Anonymous said...

My larger concern is with China who might take this as a great time to annex Taiwan. What would the UN and Obama do, if that happened? I wouldnt' expect much beyond letters and condemnations in public.

Unknown said...

That is a valid point about China, I think that due to all of the economic situations that China has tied up in the U.S. that they may hold off on such an action. I would think that the only pressure that Obama could apply would be to try to get American companies to stop doing business over there. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.