Where Do My Readers Come From?

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Graduation Day!

I am graduating today. I am not sure how I feel about it. I know that there are people who are proud of me. I know that a few years ago I felt like I would never finish college and I did not feel like I needed to. I had a job that let me cruise along at the lowest level of effort and still get paid. I did not need to think I could just exist. But, then I met HER and everything changed.

It was not enough to cruise along at the lowest level of effort. It became more important to get the degree done and to move forward in life. To move forward to that next level. The funny thing is I am not fully sure of what that next level is. I am glad to be done with school, the bachelors part of it, anyway. But I wonder what is next. Should I go to graduate school? Should I start trying to network and to hustle so that I can find a job that allows me to put my degree to use. Not that a Political Science degree is the most useful degree out there. But, I really enjoyed my studies and found the degree path to be most useful for me.

I like Politics, History, and Philosophy, and Political Science at times touched on all of those subjects and I loved it.

Just some random thoughts from my brain today as I get ready to go walk with 600 + other graduates. I am nervous as to what the future brings but I hope that I am able to move to that next level.

3 comments:

JoelAT said...

Hey Congrats Lance, sorry I missed it. I am bad at missing important dates in my friends lives, I'm beginning to wonder if I am a friend to anyone at all or just a social miscreant. Any way, good job bud, beat me again :)

Unknown said...

No worries Joel. We did a family get together but I wouldn't have expected you guys to want to attend I did not want to attend and it was my own graduation but it made my parents happy and that made it worth it.

You are a friend to me. I believe it.

Van Harvey said...

Hey, Congratulations Lance! Well Done!