Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, June 17, 2010

6-17-2010 Thursday (Glenn Beck & Soccer)

I want to write something really witty and pithy here but I am not feeling it today. That concerns me a little bit because I like writing but if I need to be all worked up about it then I am not sure it is very healthy for me to be writing.

I would really like to get fired up over the that fact Glenn Beck is just being a bozo about the World Cup.

“It doesn't matter how you try to sell it to us, it doesn't matter how many celebrities you get, it doesn't matter how many bars open early, it doesn't matter how many beer commercials they run, we don't want the World Cup, we don't like the World Cup, we don't like soccer, we want nothing to do with it.”

But, I mean it is Glenn Beck and I honestly think that he doesn't have a filter. He just seems to riff on the radio and I am not even sure if he writes anything down. His commentary on Soccer is much like his commentary on most things in the world and America. I just do not think he gets it. I hope one day that I could have a radio or television show and just say things to get people fired up. I would really enjoy the amount of money that I could make from such an endeavor. There are lots of things that I know absolutely nothing about but I would not let that stop me.

I will have my voice be heard!! Now, who wants to pay me?

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I also have a hard time getting really upset about things Glen Beck says. If you research a bit into Mr. Beck's past, you will find a wide variety of Radio and Television gigs that suggest he is an actor and entertainer. Though I don't find anything he says very entertaining, his current job is just like the others - he is acting. He identifies the topic/position that will get the most press, writes his script and lights camera acting.
All that said: He is WRONG about the US not liking Soccer or the World Cup.

Steve said...

Opinion unencumbered by reason or knowledge- it's practically the American Way!

Van Harvey said...

Hey, give Beck a break... he's just trying to fill air time talking about an absolutely worthless 'sport' that isn't worth even talking about. That's a tough assignment.

(Somewhere Ximeze is hurling daggers at me)

;-)

Unknown said...

I will be throwing daggers at you as well. I actually enjoy watching soccer more then baseball but
I also enjoy watching MMA more then other sports.

:)