Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday

Good morning folks. I hope you had a good day yesterday. I did not do a whole lot. One thing I did do was look into lowering the cost of my cable/internet bill. Now there were a few ways that I could do it. I could cancel one or two things and lower the price by $10 or so a month. Or I could lose Showtime(not a problem) and add Starz and a land line. Thus saving close to $40 a month. "Excuse me!"

I am adding a service that I do not need because I have a cell phone and that is going to drop my cost despite the fact that I am never going to use it and in fact I will never have a phone hooked up to the phone line. I was a little surprised, in fact, as I write this I have the internet and the cable but I have not even called and activated the phone. I have the correct modem for when and if I ever get a land line but I do not think that is ever going to happen.

On a plus side. Comcast was easy to deal with both on the phone and in person despite the ludicrous nature of the deal involved. So that was a good thing. It is interesting for me to note that I have seen Comcast evolve from a company that was extremely hard to deal with, to a company that due to the competition basically that the Internet and satellite television represents has become pretty accommodating. I really enjoyed their High Definition television signal during the World Cup. The quality of the picture was incredible. I am looking forward to the beginning of American Football to see if the picture is a nice.

Well that is all for today. I am thinking about heading out to Cascade Gateway park and playing a little disc golf. Catch you later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have kept Comcast cable (and switched to Comcast internet from Qwest) partly because we've had such good customer service from Comcast over the years. When the dish network people come knocking on my door and try to tell me I'm paying too much, they can't believe that I DON'T CARE. For me, avoiding customer service hassles that can take up hours and hours of time (thank you QWEST)has a definite monetary value attached to it. Now, if we didn't share cable with my parents (living in the same house) I think I could talk Larry into getting rid of cable altogether and just watching online, but that's another issue. My parents are in their 70's and have been pretty adaptable with all the changing technology, but I know that TV over Internet would be a step too far for them.