Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Joy of Community

There is a little television show that has been my favorite thing on television for the last three years. Well, this last season it hit a little bit of a road block, in that, CBS decided to move their highly rated and very popular (because people like dumb things) 'Big Bang Theory' to the same time slot so that it could compete directly against 'Community'. This led to a further fall in the ratings and finally the network (NBC) fired the show creator and runner Dan Harmon and then moved the show to Friday nights.

As you can imagine this caused quite a stir among the fan base for the show. I am torn because while I feel a loyalty to Dan Harmon, I also really like the actors that are on the show and I want them to continue working and to continue to enjoy them playing the characters on the show. So I am hoping that the show will continue to be of good quality and enjoyable to me. Also I really should be happy because most shows that I like tend to get canceled within a year or two. I like to think that is because my taste is so refined and of such high quality that the rest of the common people just are not able to handle it.

Really though I am writing this post mainly as an excuse to post a couple of pictures of that cast that I really liked.





This was from an episode where Jeff Winger went undercover as a street Magician a Criss Angel type of character and Britta was his assistant. I found the whole thing highly amusing but what really surprised me was how attractive I found Britta in her costume. I had no idea that her look would work for me like it did. I also thought Jeff looked amazing which left me confused and slightly ashamed but I think that is really just because I was jealous of how he looked and really wish that I pull it off. That would be awesome. 

Have a good week folks. 

2 comments:

Carl Fisher said...

I think it is more like people don't like dumb things. Which is probably why your favored 'Community' is getting evicted by NBC after this short season.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show. But when I had to choose between TBBT and Community I went with TBBT. Then watched the Community the next day.

A lot of the episodes are hit/miss with me. I'm a fan of meta-humor and some of their cool themed episodes. The 8-bit episode last season was by far the best of season 3.

However, the thing most lacking from Community is story. Harmon just wasn't that into telling a story with Community. There are common themes, but they rarely get explored in detail, and if they do it is for that episode only. The thing that most resembles a story to me is Troy and the AC School.

Unknown said...

I have to disagree with you so much. I think there is a minor story arc from the 1st season to the 3rd and hopefully continuing and that is the growth of humanity in Jeff and the path of the group. Also, the show is so much more clever then BBT without pandering to nerds and that is even while doing episodes that are directly nerd related like the DnD one.