Where Do My Readers Come From?

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Keeping It Going

Trying to get back in the habit of writing regularly may be harder to do than I thought that it was going to be. It isn't that I do not want to write because I do but I am not sure what I really have to say. Things are going well right now. I am not angry about things and often I am able to use anger as fuel for my writing but honestly more and more I feel like that is not good blogging and is really the easy way out. It is easy to be snarky and sarcastic and often just plain mean. If you spend much time around the internet looking at and reading different blogs you really start to notice a pattern of mean spiritedness in the more popular blogs and often the more popular the blog the meaner the blogger and the meaner the commentators as well.

I am just not that person and I do not desire to be. It isn't that I do not think that there are rights and wrongs or that I do not have an opinion on things. I totally do. But I also know that I do not know everything and that is okay. It seems like when I read these different blogs what drives them is this idea that they have an answer for everything and that their answer is the only correct one. Maybe they are right and they do have it all figured out. But I do not. I know what works for me but that doesn't mean it is going to work for you or anyone else.

This is where I meander for a while because I am not sure what I am trying to say with this or even what my intentions are. Perhaps I said all that I needed to say last week and there isn't anything more to say. What makes me think that people are really all that interested in my musings in the first place? Though I do get good feedback and that always makes me feel nice. It is an interesting process because while I rarely get actual comments on the blog itself I do actually often get comments on my facebook page or people send me messages which I like. I think that the majority of my readers know me in real life so that is kind of cool as well. At least it is for me. It is nice to know that some people are actually reading what I am putting down. Not that I do it for the feedback but it is still nice to have some.

I purchased this little beauty on Friday


I am not sure if it is a boy banjo or a girl banjo as it has not told me its name but I am looking forward to learning how to play it. I have been a fan of bluegrass for a long time but I hadn't ever held a banjo until July 4th at a neighborhood party and after doing so I really felt like I should get one. I do not think that there is ever a wrong time to pick up an instrument and that you are never too old or too young to do it.


That is one of the masters of the banjo a Mr Roy Clark. I will never be that good. But I am going to have fun and for me that is all that really matters to me. So far I have really enjoyed the process and I haven't done much at all but just work on some drills that I am supposed to be doing. No chords just drilling in open G over and over again. It helps hat I like the sound of the banjo as I play it that is for sure. Who know maybe one day you will at least get to hear me play. Be well this week folks and take care of yourself and others around you.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and to read. 

No comments: