Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, January 24, 2011

At the Coffee Shop

Well I am back at the coffee shop enjoying my weekly splurge. But, I am not sure if I am enjoying it or not today. I seem to be in a bit of a mood. I am not sure what started it. I had a good day yesterday, the Pittsburgh Steelers won the AFC championship and will be going to the Super Bowl. That alone should have been enough for me to have a good week let alone a good Monday but that does not seem to be the case.

I think it started with the two gentleman discussing politics at 7:30 in the morning when I walked in. That is far to early to start discussing the problems of America and the world. They are playing the new Decemberists album which I really like so that has started to pull me out of my funk a little bit. But, wait, in comes a gentleman who seems to be going to use the window bar to do some writing but he is not going to actually buy anything and in fact he is going to lecture those around him about how coffee is bad for you. I love it!!!

Please come into a place that exists to serve coffee and use its services without paying anything in return for them. That is the height of rudeness as far as I am concerned. I find it interesting that as I look at myself and what makes me tick is that I tend to judge people based not on creed or color but on whether or not they do something "stupid" in a social setting. But, what defines "stupid" is only something that I know and the definition changes all of the time.

I realize that this doesn't come as much of a surprise to anyone who knows me. I have always been a pretty big fan of people taking the time to listen and to not behave like the dumbest person in a crowd of people. That is unless I am at a sporting event and then I like to let the heckling fly. But even then I try to do it in a clever way and not in a crude way. I believe clever is what separates from the savages. *sniff*

I just hope that today is the day I am clever enough to find a job.

No comments: