Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, December 01, 2011

More Music (Five Iron Frenzy)

On and on the wheel turns and it only stops turning when the light of life stops shining in our eyes. I think I just made that last sentence up. But most likely I stole that from several fantasy books. It is hard to say. So anyway on too the next band in my collection. There was a time in the Christian world when Ska was king at least for the alternative Christian kids if there is such a thing. This was arguably the biggest of that particular Ska movement. Five Iron Frenzy and this is a greatest hits collection (I think) Upbeats & Downbeats. It is interesting for me to note that despite not listening to this band in years I still enjoy the ska of it and the horn work. But then again we all know how much Big Lance loves to Skank. I won't get into an argument here about what is better 1st, 2nd or 3rd wave ska but this band was basically 3rd wave. I myself like all types of Ska.


"Cool Enough For You"



"Beautiful America"




"Old West"

No comments: