Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Should I be embarrassed?

Now, anyone who knows me in real life knows that the default answer to that question should be.."Yes, Lance you should be embarrassed and most likely ashamed." But also I do not tend to operate that way. Though there are times where it would probably benefit me to be embarrassed. But the problem is, that while I do at times feel embarrassed, that takes place after whatever particular event takes place.

The reason that this is coming to mind right now, is I am live blogging this as I listen to a comedy podcast at the coffeeshop. Normally this not going to be a problem for anyone who isn't me. But I tend to have a distinctive laugh and I am pretty free about laughing freely and loudly. So this is causing a bit of an issue for me. I am finding this podcast very funny. But, because I am aware of how loud my laughter is I am feeling a little shackled this morning. That is a feeling that I am not used to at all.

Oh!! I would be remiss if I did not give you a link to this podcast. It is called Nerd Poker and it is basically a group of stand up comedy nerds playing DnD  together. Now, those of you who actually know what DnD means may like this. Those of you who do not know what this means will probably not and I am not going to explain it too you. It isn't worth the time for me to bother to explain what DnD is for a bunch of too cool for school types. Who wouldn't appreciate the genius of it anyway. So just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

Oh my, sorry about that. I don't know where that came from at all. I may have some residual issues from my youth. So, bottom line is, that if you like comedy and you have played DnD or have some interest in nerd culture then give it a listen. Or if you ever used to watch Mr Show then you have already recognized the name Brian Posehn. Now, as I write that I realize that I may have not actually written his name earlier. So bear with me.

Anyway, I wrote all of that to tell you that I am finding this laugh out loud funny. So give it a listen. 

No comments: