Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stopping and Starting

I think that I have started and stopped about three or four different posts in the last few days. I am not sure what is going on but I am just not feeling the motivation to write anything right now. There is not a desire to get worked up about something and use that to somehow motivate myself to lay something down on the page. Which would be okay if I had the motivation to fill that time not spent writing with something else. But I do not even have the motivation to do that.

Well I stopped writing last night and I am trying it again on Thursday evening. I am down at the Coffeeshop and hoping that maybe writing in the evening instead of in the morning will help inspire me a little bit more. I just really do not know what is going on with me.They do a Farmers Market here on Thursday nights from 4 to 8 pm and there are a fair amount of people around. There is a couple different local farms one that is selling lamb and the other that is selling pork. There is a flower vendor and there is a man selling both sweet and savory crepes as well as hot pies. I had a chicken curry pie that was actually very tasty and the week before I had purchased some lamb sausages and grilled those and they turned out very well. It isn't a big event but I think people are going to continue to attend it and I hope that it generates some more momentum in the coming weeks.

There is a different crowd in here in the evenings then in the mornings. A little bit older at least right now and perhaps a little bit more churchy but it is hard to say. It is however like most crowds in Salem and in the Pacific NW pretty much all Caucasian. I know that there are places in Salem that are not all that way but it seems like that is the case here. As I look around the room I can count the different nationalities on one hand. This is not a value statement it is just the reality as I look around. There is a study flow of automobile traffic passing by outside and since it is now 5 to 6 the rush hour in Salem has stopped.


It looks like they are setting up for some live music and to be honest, that doesn't excite me at all. I don't dislike loud music or live music for that matter. But I like it a little bit quieter when I am in the shop. I like to be able to read or converse at normal volume and listen to my own music. But, I am sure that there are plenty of people who really enjoy the guitar stylings of "Jimmy Jam and the Jamaican bros". I just made that band name up but I think that any band with that name would be pretty awesome. I imagine there would be a mix of SKA and Calypso. There would have to be steel drums and perhaps two sets of steel drums for double the awesome.

I am actually pretty excited about that. Thanks for letting me free associate folks. This felt pretty good.   

No comments: