Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5-26-2010 (Wednesday)

I do not have much going on today folks. The radio was all of the usual stuff really this morning. The oil spill, the chance that North and South Korea are going to start shooting at each other again.

A couple of farmers in kind of southern and eastern Oregon got permission to shoot at Wolves if they catch them eating their livestock. I didn't realize you needed permission to protect your livestock from a predator. It might be that way only for Wolves actually. I do not know about Bears or Cougars.

The state of Idaho is trying to lure business from Oregon and Washington. The biggest reason they are giving is because voters passed Measures 66 and 67 in the last voting cycle. I imagine that there are parts of Idaho that are nice. I have not seen them. I have been to Boise and was really unimpressed and the only stories I have heard about Coeur d'Alene is that a nice lake is there. But also that white supremacists had compound in the area for a long time. I believe that with the election of President Obama that the Arayan Nation group has returned to the area. I know longer just believe it according to their website the head quarters of the group is in Coeur d'Alene. So feel free Idaho to continue to try to lure in business to your state. Good luck with that. I myself have no desire to live there.

I will talk to you later folks. You have a good day.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Wolves are a protected species.

Idaho's marketing effort is just that, marketing, and as such need bear no more resemblance to reality than any other advertising campaign.

Unknown said...

Follow up question.....Does a predatory Animal get to keep its protected status when caught in the act of MURDER!!!!! dun, dun, dun!!

I realized after I posted that they were still protected despite them being not at risk of depopulation anymore. I believe that the reintroducing of Wolves to the American West has been a resounding success.

Steve said...

A predatory animal that does not, ummm, "murder" is a predatory animal that dies of starvation, so yeah, unless your definition of protection does not include the need to actually keep the animal alive...

Unknown said...

I have seen the ads. "Fur is Murder" Case closed.

Steve said...

Hmmm, multiple possible interpretations there.

1. Bunnies are murderers.

2. PETA likes sheep more than wolves (that didn't come out quite like I intended). If true, this logically opens a can of worms, since one could assume PETA would, in order to reduce the 'murder' of herbivores, endorse the extermination of predators, the majority of whom are furry. Oh, the irony. Or not. Pretty sure PETA gives wolves a pass.

3. No mink coat == starvation and death. Hey, mink are predators, too!
QED.