Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Mania

Good late morning folks, I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was actually pretty nice. I went up to Portland on Saturday evening to hit some of the local game and music shops with my buddy Bossy T and his young ward Spunky Andrew as they are calling themselves these days. But the highlight had to be hanging out at the Hawthorne pods enjoying some tasty Whiffie pies and watching the rain poor down. It was just plain crazy.

Then the following day I headed north again and the three of us went to Guardian Games for their board game day. I would highly recommend it to all. Not only do you get to play some board games but if you do you get 20% off of board games and that my friends is a sweet, sweet deal. So we played a little Killer Bunnies which turned out to be pretty fun and then picked up a copy of Wings of War which is an amazing WWWI and WWII flight game. Then following that we went to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo which was, in a word, AMAZING. There was a vast collection of old school game systems. But, what I found most fascinating was that older game systems prices had dropped. You could find a totally functioning "Dreamcast" for instance for $40, the prices of the games themselves had gone up mainly due to it being hard to find some of them anymore. All in all it was a great weekend.

I am still looking for work so if anyone hears anything please let me know. I would love to do some writing for money so keep you eyes open people!!! Catch you all later.

No comments: