Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Field Trip Thursday

Today's post is coming to you from a new location, I am ensconced at the McDonalds in West Salem while I am waiting for the oil and my belts to be replaced in The Van. I am sipping upon a cup of McCafe coffee, black, and while it isn't undrinkable it is not the best or worst coffee that I have ever had and it not being the worst is actually a pleasant surprise. Lets see what pops up on the old music machine shall we.


ELO - Another Heart Breaks

I can safely say that this may be the first time that I have ever heard this song. I kind of dig its ambient sound. I don't have much to say about it other then that I like ELO and tend to enjoy all of their songs even the strange ones. They are a classic, classic prog rock band.


Big 5 - Universe

A little bit of classic second wave Ska. Big 5 was a skinhead band of the non racist variety as far as I know and this song is I believe a cover of a metal song. But I am not totally sure who the original band was. I suppose I could google it but I am not going to. So save your comments. Losers

(Gap for video that YouTube doesn't have)

The song is called Catnip and it is being performed by Red Allen. Pretty cool old style bluegrase.


John Coltrane - Part 3 - Pursuance

If you have the time, listen to the drumming on this and be blown away. I just am sitting here kind of grooving to it. Wow. So good. Anyone who likes Jazz will agree that Coltrane was the man and if you disagree then I suspect that you are just trolling me.




White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl

Such a good song. Not much I can say about this band. I just really do like their music. Sure Jack White is a freak but musically he is very talented.


Mahavishnu - Resolution

Not much I can say but close your eyes and let the music flow through you. It is nice.

Not much else to say today other then that even though I am sitting in a McDonalds it is a lovely day. One of those days that Oregon gets in Sept and Oct and it is just lovely. So I think today may be a good day. I hope so anyway. I received notice from Saif that they wouldn't be hiring me but that is okay today. I will continue to use my extended vacation for good and to hopefully benefit others with my free time as well as to find and fix everything that is wrong on the internet.

I wonder if I could find someone to outfit my van with cameras and I could go on a drive around the outside of the United States and Canada. I could do a documentary like "Long Way Around" but in The Van. Hmm intriguing. I suspect that even if I could find someone to foot the bill I might find the loneliness a little distressing but at the same time I must admit that I do find the idea intriguing. Oh to be independently wealthy.

Good day to you. I leave you with this piece of good advice from Louie CK. I try to remember this every day.


No comments: