Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Power Train Warrenty

Hot today. It seems almost silly to complain about the weather. It's not like I can control it. Maybe that is human nature to complain about things that we have no control over. Why is it so important for humans to feel in control? Is it a horrible thing to just accept that some things are beyond our level of authority?

I used to and still do now and then get fired up about politics and about the perceived slights that the big G government was doing to me. At some point I realized that it wasn't beneficial for me to invest so much energy in being angry about things that I had no control over. It is the same with riding that train each morning. The one thing that I have any control over is my drive to Wilsonville. Other then that I am at the mercy of the train company. I just have to trust that the train will leave when advertised and will get me to the stop I need to get to.

What I find interesting is that I have no worries about the train doing just that. Though I am hearing that yesterday one of the trains just stopped on the tracks. haha. That is what I get for putting my faith in man made devices, CURSES!!

No comments: