Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, July 04, 2011

Music Monday (Thrice and Iron & Wine)

So over the course of the week I was introduced to a couple of new bands. They were new to me at least. One of these bands is named Thrice and my friend Jenna introduced me to them. I wasn't sure at first if I was going to like them but after hearing the album "The Alchemy Index" which just really blew my mind.

The album is a basically a series of 4 EP where each EP represented an element of nature with the order of the elements being Fire, Water, Air, Earth. The final song of each disc is presented like a sonnet and tells the story of a man and his relationship with each of the elements. An interesting aspect is that each of the final songs is written in iambic pentameter and has a concluding rhyming couplet.




This song is from the Air EP called "Daedalus". It is hard for me to explain how the rest of the songs sound or the whole album actually but take a look around Youtube and give them a listen. They are pretty cool.

The other group or artist that I recently found myself enjoying is "Iron & Wine" which is basically Samuel Beam a singer-songwriter who uses Iron & Wine as his recording name. He does sometimes tour with a full band but often his stuff is just him. His music really ranges from acoustic to some electric and all points around it.



I could listen to "Boy with a coin for hours". Over and over again.



This song was in the film "Garden State". I love it as well.

There you go that is today's look at music I hope you have a good 4th.

No comments: