Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, October 02, 2009

Cosmopolis

Today on the way to the train I was listening to NPR and they talked to a women who had worked in a lumber mill in the Washington coastal town of Cosmopolis. I found the name of the town fascinating. I have no idea how it was named or even how the town was founded. I did a quick Google search and found the Wikipedia entry that I linked but other then that I did not not find anything. I fully intend to do a deeper search later.

I also heard today that President Obama was in Copenhagen to find out if Chicago was going to get the 2016 Olympics and my first thought was..........big deal. *shrug* When I was a kid I remember being very excited about the 1984 Olympics in L A. But since then I have not really cared. I am not sure if that is a sign of me growing older or of the world changing and the impact of the Olympics meaning less and less. I know a lot of my earlier interest in the Olympics and sports in general is due to my mother. Often my friends would and still do tease me about my knowledge of figure skating as well as professional bowling and tennis. In fact I think I know or knew anyway more about figure skating then most hetrosexual males have any right to. :) In my parents house growing up if there was a figure skating event on the television my mother and I watched it. Since I moved out on my own I have not watched figure skating. I do not think I miss it but thinking about it does bring up some fond memories of my youth.

As per usual my section of the train car seems to be empty this morning. I do not know why. Perhaps it is the growling sounds I make as I type this and when I write a sentance that I like I let out with a "WOOP! WOOP!" people do not seem to apriecate that. Well it is their loss if they do not understand my genius. I realize few do. But one day like Nesse rising to the top of the Loch my genius will surface and the world will tremble in fear!!! "WOOT! WOOT!"

Why are people staring at me? Oh! There I go again spraying my genius around the train car.

WOW! The train is going through some fog and there are some geese flying along next to us through the trees. That is pretty cool. It was a nice image to see on a Friday morning. I actually dug the winter hat out today and plopped it on the head. I am also wearing a jacket thing so it must be a little bit chilly today.

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend and I will see you all on Monday.

No comments: