Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Czar To Far, One Czar To Many

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about a Congressional hearing concerning the advisors or, "CZARs" if you are Glenn Beck, that President Obama has hired. It was an interesting listen. Both Bush Sr and Jr hired multiple czars and I imagine that many of the presidents before them did as well. So I am not sure if this is a new argument or just one that I am paying more attention to.

It seems like the biggest complaint from critics of the system is that these people are unelected. That they are chosen by the President and that there is no accountability. But I wonder if that is people getting to worked up over basically a non issue. I can understand being concerned with the appointment process of the Surpreme Court. They make laws that affect the entire country. Now while it is true that these Czars advise the President and in doing that they may have some effect in the policies of the country I just do not think it is the same thing.

I think it would be good for the President to have several advisors coming from different areas on an issue so that he could hear multiple sides of said issue. If a decsion is made that is made by the President. The Czar can not and does not make policy. In affect anything or anyone the President listens to on any given day on any given subject is an advisor or sorts. These Czars are in a position of having the Presidents ear. That is true. But they can't direct troops, they can't make laws, they can't enforce anything.

To be worked up about this when there are so many other issues going on right now makes no sense to me.

That is my two cents. I woke up late today. I was moving part of last night into a little house near where I was living before. It isn't ideal but nothing about this whole situation is ideal. Things may change in a few weeks or months but for now this is the best plan for both cost and piece of mind. I hope that living alone I can reach some sort of mental clarity and begin to figure out what is going on. I do not have high hopes of that but you never know stranger things have happened. But, for now I have a bed in the house and my TV and entertainment center and my XBOX and my laptop. That is it short of a few clothes. I feel like the house has some potential not that I am an interior decorator but once I get some furniture in that will make a difference.

That is it for today. I hope you are well. I leave you in the capable hands of the Snuggler

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Let us know where you've landed and if you need any help! Are you still in Salem?

Van Harvey said...

"I hope that living alone I can reach some sort of mental clarity and begin to figure out what is going on. I do not have high hopes of that but you never know stranger things have happened."

Does the living alone part have to do with the Geese Flying post awhile back? Sorry if I'm poking where I've no business poking... tough being a busy body from halfway across the country.

Hope things are working out for you Lance,