Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, October 09, 2009

Gentlemans Folly

Hey everybody. I must confess that I have a bit of a plan in mind as I sat down to write on the train this morning. But, I realized that I do not write very well with a plan in mind. At least I do not think I do. There may be a few of you out there who feel like I never write very well and to those I say psshaw!! I shall do as I like. Good day to you sir! I said good day!

Back to the point. I tend to do everything from the seat of my pants. When I have had to give speeches I would often write down my speech and then promptly leave it in my pants pocket as I would then just talk about what ever popped into my head. I am not sure if that was the best way to give speeches but I always did well in class. It worked for me.

I heard on the radio this morning that President Obama received the Nobel price for Peace yesterday. I am not sure what to make of that. I think it is to soon in his administration to give such an award. Now, some of you that think the award in and of itself is silly are going to say it doesn't matter when he received it because recognition from an international agency is a waste of time. Others, are going to say that this is a great thing and that the USA is finally moving toward a time of unilateral diplomacy rather then might making right. All the politics of the issue aside I am thinking it is too soon for such an award. I mean lets wait and see for a year or two to even see if the policies that he has implemented are even effective.

I am not going to go deep into the pro Nuke/No Nuke argument but I am not even sure that a completley nuclear free world is the safest world possible. I may have to explore that thought later.

No comments: