Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

More Music (Jethro Tull)

Hey everybody, we are back. The holidays are over and hopefully I can get us back on some kind of reasonable schedule. So here we go according to the crazy music player next on the list is Jethro Tull.

Now I own their first 4 albums and a greatest hits collection and there are times when I really enjoy just listening to it all. They are the kind of band that was not really radio friendly. Their songs went on a little long and often they were part of a greater cycle but people still like them and they put on a great live show. So lets give them a listen shall we.

"Some Day the Sun Won't Shine" from their 1st album This Was released in 1968. So bluesy. I like it a lot.



"A New Day Yesterday" from their 2nd album Stand Up this is a live clip from 1970. I really get a kick out of it.






Now I will hit you with a couple of their big hits.

"Bungle in the Jungle"



"Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young to Die" This is a sad song but I like it so much. This is the extended version that is not usually played on the classic radio.


No comments: