Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Their name is Billy Talent!



So yesterday as I was working on my Blink 182 post I decided to use Spotify rather then my music collection and I decided to use the Spotify radio setting and lo and behold I discovered a band that I am just loving very much right now.


Billy Talent - This Is How It Goes

Billy Talent is a Canadian band and they have been around since 1999 under the name Pezz but after changing their name they signed with Atlantic and by 2003 put up their first full length album titled "Billy Talent" and let me tell you, in my opinion, everything that they have done since has been amazing. I am really looking forward to introducing them to you. If you like hard and fast music I do not think that you are going to be disappointed at all.


Billy Talent - Lies

I can't tell you the last time that I was this energized by listening to a band. These guys are amazing. I do not know how to put it into words. Well other then that I am equal parts upset that I have not heard of them before and excited that I found them on my own. There is nothing quite like the feeling that I am experiencing right now and if you love music I am sure you understand it. Those of you that do not really just love music probably thing that I am totally crazy and that is not an unreasonable thought. I am a little bit crazy when it comes to the effect that music has on me.


Billy Talent - Standing In The Rain

I am not trying to say that I listen to music better then anyone else does. That isn't it at all and I am not trying to style myself as some sort of musical expert by any means. It is just that their are types of music and bands that I really, really enjoy and I know what I like and like what I know.

Those are some selected tracks from their first album eponymously titled Billy Talent. These next few will be from their second album titled Billy Talent II



Billy Talent - Devil In A Midnight Mass

The mix of metal and punk in this song just really works for me. So good.



Billy Talent - Red Flag

Another one that has a great hook and a very repeatable chorus.

What kind of surprises me is that this band has not caught on in America yet. I think their music is totally radio friendly but maybe I just do not understand how the business of radio works now. That being said I want to highly recommend this band. They are on Spotify and probably Pandora as well. So do yourself a favor.

Happy listenings!





No comments: