Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday

Now that we have that out of the way. How is it going folks? Has there been anything new going on for you? Not much has changed for me. I am still looking for work and trying to keep myself busy and be as productive as I can be because we live in a society and part of what makes a society work is caring for and helping others when you are able to. I do not even care what form it is, but I think that helping others is an important thing.



Blink 182 - Mutt

There was an interesting article yesterday on the AVClub website about the band Blink 182 and it brought back some pretty memories for me. I had not listened to Blink for several years. I had basically forgotten about them. The main reason when I think about it is because I just stopped liking their music. But the problem for me came when I finally saw them live. They were easily the worst band that I had ever seen live and I have seen some bad opening bands. Now, granted, some bands will have off days or attempt smething new live that just didn't work. But these guys were just plain bad. They had on stage 3 video screens, several guys on BMX bikes doing jumps and flips over the stage and to top it all over several midgets, little people on trampolines bouncing around as well and riding tricycles and bikes all over the stage. All in an effort to distract their fan base from how bad the music was that was being played live.



Billy Talent - Red Flag

I have never heard of Billy Talent but this is a pretty cool song that just popped up on my Spotify. I do not listen to a lot of punk rock either the old or newer varieties but I really enjoy that song.


Weezer - Memories

Generally speaking I do not care for Weezer either but this is a pretty cool song. I have never heard it before but I never let that stop me from having an opinion on something. In this case I may need to look deeper into the Weezer discography.


Blink 182 - What's My Age Again

This one is probably their biggest hit. It is a very good pop song, very catchy with a singable chorus and really, I ask you, what more are you looking for when you are listening to pop-punk music?


Billy Talent - Sudden Movements

Well, 2 for 2 for music that I have never heard before. I really, really and digging this guys sound. I do not know anything about him right now. But I am for sure going to do some researching.



Sum 41 - Fat Lip

I think guys were maybe 2 hit wonders but I do enjoy this song. Something makes me think they were Canadian but I am not sure why. There is a for sure Beastie Boys vibe one could say that they may have even stolen from the Beasties. I wouldn't be surprised if they had.


Caesars - Jerk It Out

This is a song that sounds familiar to me but I do not recall ever hearing this band before. But I am really digging this number. I love the bass and the drums as well as almost a surf rock kind of underlying sound.



Billy Talent - Try Honesty

I am going to wrap this up with my musical discovery for today. I hope the rest of his music does not disappoint. I am loving it so far.

Now get out of my way, I am heading for the pit!!



PS can we all agree about how much Good Charlotte sucked. Horrible.

No comments: