Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Friday Friday

Not much of depth or profundity to say today. I am just trying to get the old fingers moving on the keyboard so that I don't get out of the habit as it were. I always feel like I should  be writing more but I do not always have something to say. So that makes it hard. I am honestly not sure what the correct balance is. I like writing and I feel like it helps me when I am dealing with emotional things but I do not always feel emotional and since emotion is what I use to fuel the writing that leaves my tank a little empty at times when I am trying to come up with topics.


Dio - Rainbow in the Dark

I suppose I should understand that there doesn't always have to be a theme when I write and to just get it out and let my voice be heard regardless of the subject that I am writing about. As I say that I realize that I right now positioning myself to have a theme for this. That is just so sad.


Paddy on the Turnpike

Boy that guy can really play the mandolin. As I look out the window at the coffeehouse I am reminded of how dark it can get in Oregon during this time of year. It is only 4:30 it feels so much later. I am not complaining mind you I am just realizing that on a gray day like today it can seem so much later then it actually is.


Johnny Cash - I Hung My Head

I have my music play Google Music on random and I am always a little surprised at how the music choices tend to match my mood at whatever given time I am listening to it. I am sure that it is just coincidence but it certainly feels like it can read my mind. I suppose it is only a matter of time until such a thing exists.




Supertramp - A Soapbox Opera

That was a really good song. I really enjoyed it. I have a lot of Supertramp but I should listen to it more often. There is a certain depth to the songs that I think gets overlooked. Though I will be the first to admit that I have a certain softness for that era of band. I just like that kind of music.



PJ Harvey - This Is Love

That being said I also like harder stuff like PJ Harvey. She is very talented and is an artist that not everybody enjoys but I really like her. She has always done her own thing and that is pretty cool as far as I am concerned.



Grateful Dead - Truckin

Well that is as good of a song to stop it on as any. I think I am going to go grab myself some fish taco's. I get them in Salem at a little place on Broadway called Marco's and they are amazing. So if you are ever in town do yourself a favor and grab one there.

Catch you later folks.


No comments: