Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1-19-10 (Tuesday)

Good morning again folks, I hope today finds you well. I guess I should take it as a good thing because I am not feeling really fired up about anything today. I realize there are probably plenty of things in the world that I could get worked up about but I just do not feel the need to poke at them this morning.

I think one reason might be that I am just drained from hearing about Haiti every morning on the radio. It just seems like the reports are getting worse and worse and I wonder when things are going to get better. I also wonder in what form the rebuilding is going to take in Port-au-Prince. It is going to be interesting to see because while this is truly a tragedy it also is an opportunity to rebuild a city and that is a rare thing. A lot of issues will be with cost and safety but with the Haitian government being pretty much nonexistent at this time I wonder what is going to happen.

My dead, cynical, acorn sized, coal made, heart says 'Not Much!!'. But I am hoping that for once he is wrong and that something good will come out of this for the people of Haiti.

That is about it for today. I realize that the posts have been short the last couple of days but I have been trying to get the schedule adjusted since moving into the new place. I think things are going to settle down here pretty soon and hopefully I will be back to my usual tricks. That may not be something that all of you like but oh well.

No comments: