Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

1-21-10 (Thursday)

Good morning folks. I trust you are all well today. The week seems to be moving along nicely over here on the west coast of America. I noticed when I was looking at who visits my blog that last week I had received a visit from someone in Hong Kong and from someone in Brazil. I think that is pretty cool. I do not have even a medium sized reading audience and that is fine with me. So to me it is even more amazing when people from other countries find their way here. I have a pretty regular visitor near as I can tell from England and I have had a visit in the past from Venezuela.

To me, and I may have mentioned this before, the greatest strength of the internet is that people from all over the world are able to communicate with each other. But I do not come to praise the internet. I do not think that it needs me to. I just think it is great that I can talk to people in basically real time from all over. I think it is great even if we disagree because at least there is some communication and then it helps me to realize that despite our disagreements that person is a human being. Well all except for Van, I am pretty sure he is a soulless robot. :) I kid, I kid!

I think the reason that these thoughts popped into my head today is that as I was listening to the radio on the way to work today they were talking about yesterdays midterm elections in Massachusetts and how that election was a sign of the will of the voters in America. Well my first thought was. What? I am not a part of Massachusetts and I do want there to be some kind of health care reform. So how can that vote be about anything other then what the voters in Massachusetts want. My second thought was besides "Why, should I care in Oregon what anybody does over there? They do not seem to care about me." So it is interesting to me because on a person to person level I love to hear what people think and I love to read blogs and stuff. But on the statewide voting level. I really could not care less how Massachusetts as a state votes. I do not like the Boston Redsox, Bruins, Celtics or any other team of Boston origin. As far as I am concerned it will be a good day when global warming causes the bay to rise and floods Boston.

You folks have a good day! ... I said Goood Day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such cruel, cruel comments about Boston. Have you been there? It reminds me so much of the northwest, of Portland and/or Eugene specifically. So multi-cultural, with students from all over the globe (I think it may have the highest rate of college students per capita of any city in the U.S.) And everywhere bike lanes and people walking and wearing exercise gear. I was surprised at how familiar it felt, though I was there in the summer and didn't get to experience any East Coast winter.

And jam-packed with history and museums and cool places to visit like Bunker Hill and nearby Lexington and Concord and Thoreau's Walden Pond and Louisa May Alcott's house, and the Old North Church (One if by land, two if by sea).

And I haven't even mentioned the seafood and Italian eateries and Irish Pubs (C'mon, Lance, you know you'd like a real Irish-American Pub).

And the subway was totally awesome. I'd heard such stories about dirty scary subways (NY probably), but this one was quite clean and friendly and comfortable. We could really use some transport like that in the NW.

Can you tell how much I enjoyed myself? I will certainly cry if it disappears under the ocean. :(