Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, May 06, 2011

Choose Life?

"Choose Life.(Seems pretty simple) Choose a job.(I am looking) Choose a career.(I have no idea what a career means) Choose a family.(I feel like I am doing pretty good there) Choose a fucking big television,(Have one) choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers.(Have some) Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance.(None of the above) Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments.(Gone now) Choose a starter home.(Gone as well) Choose your friends.(Done) Choose leisurewear and matching luggage.(I like the idea) Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.(Nope) Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning.(Pretty much every Sunday) Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.(Try to not but it happens) Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves.(No kids, will die with my cats) Choose your future.(No idea) Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that?(Who decides what life is best) I chose not to choose life.(There was a time) I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?"(Not heroin, maybe books and video games, a little booze)

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh (Modified by Lance)






Who doesn't need an escape now and then from the mundane?

No comments: