Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

In Praise Of...

Gordon Lightfoot. He emerged from the wilds of Canada and brought to us the magical musical sounds of his acoustic 12 string guitar. His distinctive voice and the storytelling nature of his music ensured a lasting place for him in both Canadian music history as well as in America and, at least for myself, his songs never fail to make me lean back in my chair and put my feet up. Which I admit can make him dangerous to listen to and drive at the same time. But often I find, when I am cruising in my van, that there is nothing better to listen to on a lovely spring day. I hope these few videos bring a smile to your day and put a little pep in your step as well.


If You Could Read My Mind


The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald



Sundown


Early Morning Rain

I really enjoyed that and I think it may generate a few more posts from me highlighting this kind of music. It is one I enjoy a lot and I do not think that enough of the solo, singer-songwriter acts are out there.

No comments: