Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

I am not feeling the muse this morning but we will see if anything changes as I share some music with you. I do not have high hopes but we shall see.


Strange Weather - Tom Waits

Tom Waits is not the most accessible of recording artists. But once I took the time to really give him a listen I began to enjoy him. But I also fully understand that he is just not for everyone. But if you can take the time and effort to give him a try you will be rewarded for your efforts. 


Forever - Haim

This is a pretty new band of young ladies all sisters I believe. They are a trio and I really do like their sound. It isn't typical of anything out there as far as I am concerned and while the antics of the basis can be a little distracting they are a solid band. I really dig this song. 

I am doing my best to put on a happy face today. But I am not sure what is going on. It started a little bit yesterday. Like I can feel the dragon of depression just hanging over me and waiting for a gap in my armor to sink his claws into me. Now, I realize that may be a dramatic example but in this case that is the visual that I am seeing in my minds eye and it is not a visual that I like at all. It both frustrates me and scares me.


Pearl - Katy Perry

I really, really , like this Katy Perry song. It is beautiful. I can't quantify it at all but it is a song that I enjoy regardless of its origins or its popularity or not. The song works for me. But honestly nearly all of her discography I like. That is the straight honest truth and I am not ashamed of it. I am a Katy Perry fan. (I am not a fan of her dating John Mayer. I think he is a dirt bag)

The music is helping to lift my spirits and usually the music always does. In truth, even if the music does not lift my spirits it always helps me to center myself and to feel the emotions as they come and ride them. It isn't so much a control thing as a way for me to let myself experience them and feel them but not dwell in them. To me that is the real power of music. I love that it has the ability to really augment nearly every situation. That is the coolest thing. It is also why music has been used as a propaganda tool over the years and at times been feared by the establishment in different times and places. Music is a powerful thing.


Last Words - The Real Tuesday Weld

I like this song and I like the movie soundtrack that I first heard it on. It is perfect for a sad day and for dwelling on lost relationships. This is the kind of song that makes me wish that it wasn't so unhealthy to smoke cigarettes because it makes me feel like I should be smoking one right now and I should be sitting outside at some coffee shop smoking in slow motion while the world moves around me in fast motion. That would be cool. 

I sometimes wish that books would come with soundtracks and in some cases they do as the author will list songs or mention lyrics and I suppose it is up to the reader to track down those things. But wouldn't it be cool if books came with a small disc or mp3 player that would play you the soundtrack of the book as you read it. Or had cues so you could play the right music for the right part of the book. I think that would be awesome. Oooh, did I just come up with the next million dollar idea? Don't steal it you bastards.


Nights On Broadway - The Bee Gees

One of my favorite Bee Gees songs. So good. Yes it is disco but it has a great bass line and seriously good harmony on the vocals. Good thick grungy bass and a nice disco back beat. Shake it, shake it baby. 


Truth - Lily Allen

I like Lily Allen. That is all. 

 Thanks folks as always for listening to me rant and rave and I hope enjoying the music that I bring to you. It really does mean a lot to me. I value you. Keep on Hugging and Keep on Dancing.


I had to add a song for this gif because I think that Boyd would totally dance the jig to this song.


Wait So Long - Trampled By Turtles

No comments: