Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Tunes...

Alright, alright, alright. I hope this is a nice mellow Tuesday for you folks. I am certainly hoping that it is for me but I really do not know what it is going to be and I am trying to enter it with no expectations that is for sure. The plan within the plan to have no plan is to do some writing today and to listen to some sweet tunes and to just keep on keepin' on.


If She Wants Me - Belle and Sebastian

Starting off with these lads is always a good way to start. This is a very nice song. 

I watched the season premier of the Jimmy Fallon hosted Tonight Show last night. I really am not sure what to say about it. There were moments of humor during the show and some slightly funny moments as he interviewed Will Smith. But I am not a big fan of Will Smith anymore so that was just kind of pointless as far as I was concerned. Fallon and Will Smith did a history of hip-hop dancing sketch but it just wasn't as good as anything that Fallon has done in the past with Justin Timberlake. I think Timberlake is a better dancer than
Will Smith. But that may be a conversation for a different day. All in all it was different than the Jay Leno era Tonight Show and that is a good thing.

 
See What a Fool I've Been - Queen

Wow. This is a B-side but I have to tell you that as I listen to it. I can't think of very many other songs that rock so hard. Brian May just goes to work on the guitar and while the song came out in 1974 I can hear how it inspired several other rock songs over the years. I am looking at you AC-DC.

What else is going on? Oh it hasn't been covered much if at all, near as I can tell, by American Media but things are getting pretty unstable in Venezuela. Though I am reading that the U.S. diplomats have just been given 48 hrs to leave the country. I am making no predictions as to how this plays out or the reasons behind it. I just feel sad for the amount of people that are going to die in the violence that I think is probably going to follow as people continue to protest. I just hope people and their families are safe and I hope that the United States are not dabbling in regime change again. I think we did enough of that in the 70's and 80's. I guess I did have an opinion on this one. But this is not really a political blog so that is going to be the last I say about this one.


Awake My Soul - Piano Tribute

This is a nice version of the song and really the whole piano tribute album makes for some nice relaxing listening. If you are looking for some nice music to take a nap too, you can't go wrong with this album. 

My coffee this morning is the dregs of the yesterdays pot reheated in the microwave and I know that many of my coffee purist friends would be horrified by this, but honestly it is tasting really good this morning. But that may be because I got the correct amount of sleep last night and I was able to get up get my coffee and get back to writing with out seeing a single soul. I did not have to speak except for the mumbling that I do with myself and I am now just sitting here sipping my coffee, typing on the keyboard, and listening to my tunes with my headphones on. As far as I am concerned my friends this is very nearly what I would call the perfect morning.


The Bitch is Back - Elton John

A classic rocker by Elton John. Not much to say about it. Nearly everyone knows of this song and it is a good one for its type. Though I feel that their is to much saxophone in it. 


I also do not have a neck or headache this morning and that is always a plus as well. I do not have one of those everyday and they do not last all day long by any means but it is nice to have a morning when I have neither of them. I had a slightly odd dream about playing poker last night. It was odd because while I dream and remember my dreams on a regular basis I have not as I recall ever dreamed about playing poker. I used to play poker on a regular basis but I have not for several years now. I think not since the divorce so close to four years. I suppose that I could be missing that. I just do not know and as far as dreams go I usually do not bother to speculate.


Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye

This was a great concert and I am still enjoying the song. Though to be fair it was being played so often on radio that I took a break from listening to it. The crystal ballroom made for a good venue and the lady I was with made it a fun experience as well. Good times. 

That is it for me today folks and I know that I try to leave you with a little reminder each day to love each other and to remember each others humanity but today I feel like this paragraph says it better than I can.

"Inhabit your true Self today. See things as they truly are. See people as they really are. Be mindful of the suffering of those around you. Do what will aid the liberation of others today. Seek to do no harm. Be an expression of loving-kindness, compassion, and goodness. Do not look at others through eyes of judgment. See every person as your mother or father, son or daughter, sister or daughter. Honor your highest truth today. Be kind and compassionate with yourself. When you get off track, simply be aware and return to the life that is unfolding before you in that moment. Don’t complicate it. Respond to each situation today as it requires. Don’t become embroiled in drama. Realize that you are undisturbed, at peace, and full of joy in your true self." 

                       - Jim Palmer

Keep On Dancing...


No comments: