Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4-13-2010 (Wedensday)

Tuesday morning and one step closer to tax day. Which reminds me that I need to sit down and get to work on that. I am wondering if any of you out there turned in your census forms or form I should say. I mailed mine in. It was kind of interesting I was a little surprised at how simple it was. Now granted I do not really remember any of the other Census that I have been a part of. So I am not sure if that is really a good or bad thing.

But to me it seemed really not all that invasive. Name, address and what my ethnicity was and how many people were living in my place of residence. I feel like I answer a form or that question all of the time when I am cruising around online. So because I do not find it a big deal it has been a little surprising to me that there has been some resistance to the process. Now, I could totally understand being resistant if this was some brand new and never been done before thing. Something that had been put in to place for strictly political and partisan reasons. But, this is not the case.

I mean it is right there in the Constitution in article 1, section 2. So we have been counting every 10 years since 1790. This isn't a new thing. So get with it people!! Fill it out and send it in. Do not let perceived partisan politics get in the way of this. In this case that is not the issue here at all. We could have a Whig or a Torry in office and we would still be having a census.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Lance. The questions they're asking are so basic - if the government wants to get all kinds of dope on someone, it's already out there in cyberspace, with a lot more detail than what the census is asking for.

Shakes McGee said...

I second that agreement. It is ludicrous that people are making such a fuss over it. I love your simplified explanation.