Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, February 04, 2013

Monday Music Experiment

Well here goes nothing, I mentioned in my Friday post that I was going to try something new. So here we go. I am going to start up my google music library and hit random and then you lucky folks are going to get to read my thoughts on each song and if you tube cooperates then you will also get to hear those songs. Now this process is going to be totally random and while I may enjoy some songs. I may not enjoy others and my hope is to listen with an open mind and to give you guys a new look at both some old and new songs. So here we go...

1: Dancing Queen by Abba- Well that is interesting, I fired things up and hit random and this is the first song that popped up. I really do love this song and it never fails to put a smile on my face. I like dancing and I like music that makes me feel like dancing and this song is one of those. I think this is just a great song. I realize that Abba may not be for everyone but if you are ever wanting to lift your spirits I highly recommend giving them a listen.


2: Money Maker by The Black Keys - There is just something about this band. They put out almost a dense wall of sound. There is a depth to it that I love and I love the grungness (if that is a word) of this song. The guitar in this song also reminds me of Hendrix which I am always a fan of. The more that I let it wash over me, the more that I notice the sixties aspect of it. I am digging this one a lot.


3: The Paul, The Dan: Drapht Feat Trails - I do not know what to say, I am not even sure where this song came from or why do I even own it. The song itself isn't horrible but it is a song that I would have to be in a certain mood to listen too. It is a little aggressive for me, but the lyrics are pretty solid and the vocalists can certainly spit the rhymes but I honestly know nothing about this band. (NSFW) Wear headphones if you are going to listen to this one at work.


4:Metel Militia: Metellica - Ahhhhhhh now this brings back some memories. This was a time when Metellica was just starting out and they were so good. This song just hits so hard and the driving guitar is them at their finest that is for sure. This is metel as it is meant to be and it saddens me to think of them now. So in listening to this one I am a little torn. I have good feelings about it but at the same time, the state of the band today just angers me so much. You let me down boys. You let all of us down.


5: Girl Can't Help It: Journey - Wow, this song coming right on the heels of the last one is kind of a mental shock. It feels like getting my face splashed with lukewarm water. I am not enjoying the experience at all. It isn't that I dislike Journey, I think they are a fine band and I actually enjoy Steve Perry's voice and the guitar and drums in this song. But, it is hard to really get into after coming down from the rush of Metellica. It is a nice song though.



Well there you go folks. I do not know about you. But as far as I am concerned, I can already tell that I am going to enjoy this process and I am looking forward to my next edition of it on Wednesday. Have a good day.

No comments: