Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, January 06, 2014

Monday Music Mix

Late Sunday night or early Monday morning post, either way it is 3:30 in the morning and I am wide awake.


Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

A classic song. Give it a listen.

Well today was the day. Because Congress decided not to fund it and decided to go on their nearly month long Christmas vacation my EUC ended. Or Emergency Unemployment Compensation ended. I had nearly $2000.00 left in my account. Now I am not sure what Congress's definition of Emergency is. But mine is being out of work for over a year and having to live with my parents. It isn't that I have not been looking. I really wish I had just been lazing around and soaking up the fat cream from the Gov't teat. But that has not been the case.


So Low - Dallas Green

A very nice song. Nice and mellow and emo.

I knew that the money would not last forever and I have been applying for jobs. This will not change that. I will continue to apply for jobs but I do not foresee anything changing in the getting hired department anytime soon. It feels like every job that I apply for has several hundred applicants in front of me. Such is life I suppose. and I must continue to put one foot in front of the other and move forward one way or the other.


Old Enough - The Raconteurs

Love this song so much. Jack White is amazing and this band is really solid.

I am well aware that things could be worse for me. I am living with my parents and their is a roof over my head and I am dry and warm. There is food in the cupboard and people love me. So it is not all horrible doom and gloom. But I think, honestly, who really wants to be unemployed? I like to work. I like to be busy. I would like to be able to pay some of my school loans off and some of my other debt. To be able to do that would be a great thing.


Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac

Another classic song. I really do like Fleetwood Mac

As long as I can I will continue to write and post when the mood strikes me. I do not intend for this situation to stop that at all. But this is the reality that I am facing today. As nice as it is when I meditate and keep myself centered there is also certain realities and practicalities that need to be faced as well as far as my daily existence goes. The trains need to run and the bills need to be payed.


You Made Me Forget My Dreams - Belle and Sebastian

This is a haunting and lovely song. Wow. So good.

So....despite the unemployment issue. Things are actually pretty good on an emotional level. I feel good. I am feeling happy and I am putting love and empathy out into the world. I care for others and I love them and I want to be able to help others even if it is on an emotional and mental level. Since I am unable to do it on a financial level right now. I want to be there and be able to listen and too care for others. I like being that listening ear and that shoulder to cry on. That is all I really ask. That is me,

 Lance Cummins, unlicensed counselor and therapist and professional hugger and snuggler. Please email me if you would like to make an appointment. 


Courage - Manowar

Hang in there folks and above all keep on dancing.


No comments: