Where Do My Readers Come From?

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ska Sunday

Today just feels like a good day for some Ska and some Reggae. I am hoping to kick this week of strongly and I am hoping to get you guys a full 7 days of blog posts. So away we go...


Get Up, Stand Up : Bob Marley

A classic reggae song and one of the most popular tunes by Bob Marley and the Wailers. A song that I always enjoy listening too no matter how many times that I hear it.

I have no agenda for today. I am just going to let whatever pops into the brain get spit out onto the computer screen. So we shall see what happens. It is sometimes scare for me to just uncork the flow and let the wisdom spray but there are other times where I feel like it must be done to just allow for some freedom. I just am not always sure about the times when I need to do it the most.


Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley

Another classic and a sad song about slavery.

Sometimes I wonder when I read different peoples political posts on Facebook, I wonder what people from the early 1900's would think about the America that exists today. Or even the world such as it is compared to how things were when they were alive. One thing that I am sure off and if I am wrong please feel free to correct me. But, today, here in modern times. If I am paying attention, It is very easy for me to know what is going on in other parts of the world. (If I am actually bothering to pay attention that is)


Reburial - Potato 5

Ska at it's finest and probably a song that none of you have ever heard before.

If I am paying attention I know what is going on or at least think that I know what is going on all over the world. I cam instantly communicate with someone next door or thousands of miles away. I can talk to them voice to voice with no delay at all. I wonder sometimes if this speed of information is a good thing. Is it really worth it for me to have the ability to put whatever random thought that I have out there on the internet for all to see? I can really only speak for myself but I know for a fact that it is better for me if I take the time to think a little bit about what I am going to say before I throw it out there. A little bit of Twitter is a dangerous thing.


I'm The Living - Jimmy Cliff

Not sure how good the quality is on this one but the song is amazing.

It used to take months or sometimes close to a year for people to talk to each other. That alone would be mind blowing for someone from the past to experience. But I think how America looks would be mind blowing as well. I am sure that there people in the past who were convinced that America was going to end based totally on the politics of the time and yet here we are. How surprised do you think that they would be to see America still standing? Or would you argue with me and tell me that the America of today is not the real America?


Madness - Prince Buster

A good if not great political ska song. Prince Buster was one of the greats.

That, frankly is not an argument I am interested in having because I think that there is so much open to personal beliefs and interpretation when you start debate what the "real America" is or is not supposed to be. It just seems like a conversation that is almost guaranteed to make you angry and crazy. I think that the reality is that America has become what America is supposed to be. There is an inertia in place and America continues to roll forward. It continues to roll despite the liberal or conservative politics of whomever is trumpeting its success or destruction. If there is one thing that I love about America I suppose that is it. Regardless of the politics the people still continue to roll on. Perhaps I am naive but I do not think so. Only time will tell and I am okay with waiting to find out.


Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat

Thanks for reading folks. I hope things are well and I hope to talk to you soon. If I can leave you with one thing it would be this. "Keep dancing folks. keep dancing"






No comments: