Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, August 13, 2009

sTRAINing to be heard!!

Good morning again my loyal readers. It is my Friday and I am glad to be on the train to be moving away from yesterdays topic. It is a very pretty morning. The sun is shining and the sky is blue there are some white puffy clouds in the sky and I am looking forward to seeing some ducks and other wildlife as I travel along.

I had lunch yesterday, as gentlemen do, with a good friend from high school days. Actually farther back then that as this particular friend and I have known each other since grade school. It was nice to see him and to talk a little bit about what we both are doing now. It is nice to sit and converse like adults with people. It is nice to be able to share ideas in a civil manner and even if you disagree to be able to disagree like adults,

That seems to be getting lost in America. It seems like more and more as I look at people like Keith Olberman and Glenn Beck and Rachel Maddow and Bill O'rReilly, that it is about abusing and poking fun at the other person and not about the sharing of ideas. I wonder at times what the founding fathers would have thought if they were trying to put things together now but they had to contend with these people having daily colummns in the papers of the day.

I know that Ben Franklin wrote letters under a psuedonym. Maybe, he was an early blogger of his day. I just wish we could move back to a time or maybe forward to a time where we can communicate in such a way that we can reach a common ground with people. Where we can use our humanity to join us together. Oh well. Now where is my bong?

No comments: