Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, August 03, 2009

Res"Train"ed

Well it is Monday morning and a good morning to mt faithful readers. I believe there may be as many as three of you who read this regularly. I hope that I am able to keep you interested for a little while each day as I ramble on about what ever seems interesting to me at the time.

Traffic was odd today as I cruised up the I-5. It was busy as usual but people seemed to be more aggressive then normal. Now I am not sure perhaps I was feeling less aggressive today and therefore I was just noticing it more then usual. I do not think I have made a change in my driving style other then that I move over, if possible, when I see that a policemen has pulled someone over. Today there was a motorcycle policemen who had a pickup pulled over. Not a pleasant way to start the day to be sure.

But I made it safely to my destination and now I sit and wait. Soon the train will begin to move and I will be carried gracefully to my destination as a gentlemen should be. No fuss and no muss. Just rolling along the tracks like in my carriage. Now some of you may ask what make you a gentleman Lance? Well, isn't it obvious ? I ride the train to work therefor I am a gentleman. Why, a mere common man could no more sail along the rails as he could fly in the air in some great winged metallic beast. Mere common man are forced to move along rubber wheels surrounded by a cage made of metal as others of their ilk sail all around them. Not for me I tell you!

I will continue to roll along the rails as benefits one such as myself. Sipping my iced green tea and lemon and reflecting upon life and the loftier pursuits.

2 comments:

Van Harvey said...

"I will continue to roll along the rails as benefits one such as myself. Sipping my iced green tea and lemon and reflecting upon life and the loftier pursuits."

Leaving aside the self evident fact that you should be drinking coffee instead, you've definitley got the right idea.

"I ride the train to work therefor I am a gentleman."

WaAay better than Descartes!

;-)

Curious, is the job you're commuting to, a regular job-job or one in (or leading to) a field related to your college interests?

Unknown said...

Hey Van,

I will try to address the Supreme Court questions later.

The job is working in Oregons petition initiative process. I really like it but I am willing to bet that you would have some problems with the Oregon system. We started it in 1902 and while it is messy I feel like it gives the people some small amount of choice. Though their are problems in how it is funded to be sure. Maybe I will blog on that to see what people think about the Oregon system.

Thanks for commenting though I appreciate it.