Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fantastic Friday

Today is Friday and tomorrow is the first league game of the Major League Soccer(MLS) debut of the Portland Timbers. I think regardless of whether or not you are a fan of Soccer or Futball or Football you have to understand that this is a pretty big deal for the state of Oregon as well as the Pacific Northwest in general.

It doesn't matter to the Pacific Northwest as far is it's identity goes. There are way to many other things do to in this lovely part of the country then go to a professional sporting event. But until now Oregon only had the Blazers and Washington had the Seahawks and the Sounders. The Timbers joining MLS will not affect the popularity of the college teams in this area but I like that it does draw some more attention to the area.

That doesn't mean you people need to move here though. Feel free to come and visit and spend your money but do not stay. Even better in the world of our former esteemed Gov Tom McCall

"We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don't tell any of your neighbors where you are going."

I think he says it far better then I can. I love living in the Pacific Northwest. In fact I love living in Oregon.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Where are you going to watch the game? I was bummed to hear that the first 3 will be away games, but I guess the stadium is still being finished. Can't wait to get to a home game here this year!

Unknown said...

I am considering coming up to Portland to watch the game at the Timbers Army viewing party at the Baghdad. But I am not sure since it is just so expensive for me to drive to Portland right now. I will watch it but I am not sure where right now.