Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3-24-2010 (Wednesday)

Here we are Wednesday morning. The world still seems to be moving along. Did you know that we are actually never at rest that the world is always moving through space but we just do not feel it.

One of my favorite books floats the idea that the earth is on the back of four elephants that walk in a circle on the back of a giant sea turtle that swims through space. Also the world is flat like a disc. It is one of my favorite series of books. They are called "Discworld" and I have been reading them for a long time. So if you looking for some fantasy and some good humor along with sometimes a nice dose of satire or political commentary they are the books for you. I have enjoyed every one that I have read in one form or another. I also can say that I have never been disappointed by any of them. They are all written by Terry Pratchett

So what about you my loyal readers. Do you have any books or books series that you love? I would love to hear about them. Now there are some of my readers that I think I know what books and Authors they love. But, do not let that stop you. I want you to link them in the comments and I hope other readers can learn about some new books.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm a Jane Austen fan :) I have an anthology of all her works - and it's worn out I've read it so much. It's lighthearted, none too suspenseful - which makes it easy to put down when the kids need me - but with enough satire to keep it interesting.

Shakes McGee said...

Louisa May Alcott. When this world starts to make me crazy and I feel unsettled and confused, I read Little Women, Little Men and Jo's Boys. There is something about her ability to break life down to the basics that puts my head back on straight. It's mostly about growing up, but there are so many life's lessons that are timeless.