Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, June 10, 2011

Film Friday

It is Friday once again. Time to talk about film in one way or another. I know I have mentioned this before but I am going to do it again. If you live in Salem, then you can not go wrong by attending a movie at Cinebarre on Tuesday nights. The movies are always first run and they are always $5 on Tuesdays. There is no better deal in town. You do not even have to eat. The food they have is good though.

I went to see Bridesmaids on Tuesday and while at first glance you might think that this film is a chick flick. But it is far more then that. The advertising is a little off for this film that is for sure. Because judging from the trailers it is being marketed as a chick flick but that is not the case. It is a pretty intelligent movie.

It is not a perfect movie. There are not any perfect movies. Well, other then "Fight Club". That is a perfect movie. Bridesmaids totally deserves it's R rating that is for sure. It is not a kids movie. But in the words of Zach Galifianakis when little kids come up and tell him that they loved The Hangover I and II "You have bad parents."

This is not a movie for kids. I think that any adult male or female who has been involved in a wedding is going to enjoy this movie. It really seems to highlight the amount of crazy that can go on as the wedding date gets closer and closer. I would love to hear from some women though who have seen this film. It feels pretty true to life to me but I wonder if that is actually the case.

So give yourself a treat and go to the movies next Tuesday night. Just pick a show and go. But you might want to go a little early because they get kind of busy.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Saw it, loved it! Funniest movie I've seen in a very long time.

Kevin said...

Any movie that gets the indelible Carnie Wilson on the big screen is awesome in my book!