Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Monday (New Music)

Today Music Monday is going to be all about new music. Well music that is new to me at least. So to start things off I recently had friend named Jenna introduce me to Bon Iver and I really enjoy it. So here is a song off the first album "Skinny Love"



I think partly why I like it is because of the focused pain in his voice. I am sucker for that kind of music and sound. The chorus of the song just kills me.

Another band that I just heard on the radio this weekend is Noah And The Whale and the song L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.



As I listen to that again...I think they may have stolen that tune from Tom Petty. I could be wrong but it really feels like it to me. The chorus mainly.

Finally a couple of songs from The Wombats because these guys are blowing my mind right now. Just blowing it away.



I love a band if they name drop Ian Curtis and Joy Division in a song.



Also this music is totally approved by the Nijal the RAVE FERRET


NIJAL "Hey everybody, shut up and dance!!!"

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love Bon Iver as well! They are going to be at edgefield in sept. fyi:)

Anonymous said...

This is Jenna and I approve this post :)

Sherry said...

Nijal is creepy, but I do love Music Mondays. Bon Iver is a favorite, but I've not heard of the Wombats. Must listen more - they are fantastic!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jenna!! Nijel just wants to party with you Sherry.