Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

More Music (Coheed & Cambria)

Who is in the mood for a little "progressive rock" or prog rock as it is popularly known. Now I am not going to give you a definition of prog rock you can google it. But here are some band that are known for basically starting prog rock in the 70's. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer. I coincidentally enough have albums from all of these bands. I know that is not a real shock to most of you.

Coheed & Cambria have been described as new prog. I like to describe them as "post-neo-orthodoxy prog rock" but that is mainly because I like to give things extra long names because it amuses me. I have two of the bands five studio albums. Their first album The Second Stage Turbine Blade which came out in 2002 and their fourth album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness which came out in 2005. I like the fourth album a little bit better then the first one. Lets get to the music shall we. In fact I like the fourth album so much I am not going to be posting anything off of the first one.

There is something about this song "Always And Never" that just blows me away. But I am kind of a sucker for this type of majestic over the top rock music. You will hear more of it as we move further into my collection. My apologies if you hate it.



This is an even better example of the type of music I was just talking about and is actually the song right after the one I just showed you. "Welcome Home"



I think we will call it quits right there. You folks enjoy your headbanging and remember these words and live by them


"Keep on rockin."

1 comment:

tina said...

i totally forgot about this band, love it :D