Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, September 16, 2011

More Music (Dixie Chicks)

Well. This is a significant change from yesterdays post. This is an album from 2002 Dixie Chicks and the album is called Home. I really do like all of the song's on this album. It is the only Dixie Chicks album that I own and I am not even sure what moved me to purchase it. I believe that it may be their cover of the Fleetwood Mac song "Landslide". But I am not totally sure either way lets get to toe tappin shall we.

Here is a live version of "Long Time Gone" on I believe German television. I also like that in this song they pretty much take a swing at modern country radio and I am always in favor of that.



A live version of "Landslide" oooh again in Germany. Nice.




"Travelin' Soldier" this is a sad song but I really enjoy it. I know it is not that big of a surprise that I would like a sad song.



Lets wrap this up with a little "White Trash Wedding"



Say what you want about the Dixie Chicks and their politics or even about country music. But the reality is that they can flat play live. That is why I posted all live clips. There are lots of modern pop artists who are totally studio manufactured and just can't play live so in a lot of ways this is just refreshing to see and hear.

I am just enjoying this too much. I am going to post two more songs that are not on the album that I own but I really like them.

"Not Ready To Make Nice". This is an actual music video but it is a pretty cool video actually.




"Lubbock or Leave It"

No comments: