Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blind Faith (Discovering Music Series)

This is a band is really nothing like the first artist that I did in this series, Billie Holiday. This band was arguably the world's first supergroup, they were called Blind Faith and consisted of Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Ric Grech and Stevie Winwood. I first became aware of Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker from listening to Cream. But I have not really ever given Blind Faith much of a listen at all.



Can't Find My Way Home - Blind Faith

Wow...there are some songs that hit you hard and some songs that don't and this song is leaving me just a little bit gutted. Holy smokes. I have heard this song before but something about it during this time of my life is really working for me.


Presence of the Lord - Blind Faith

This is a song that I have literally never heard before and let me tell you I am digging it. I think part of what I am enjoying with this music is just the craftsmanship of it. Now, I have never claimed to be a musician at all. I have a few piano and guitar lessons under my belt and I sang in several choirs over the years. But what I do have is a great love for music and for what I think of as good music. By that I mean music that it takes some skill and the use of actual instruments to play.


Sea of Joy - Blind Faith

This is just a lovely song and the violin in it is amazing.

That is it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed the trip back into the musical past and are looking forward to joining me as I continue to discover music.

(Discovering Music Series)

No comments: