Where Do My Readers Come From?

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Sunday....

It is a pleasant Sunday evening and I am at the Broadway Coffeeshop having my Americano and listening to a band called O'Death. They are kind of hard to explain but their sound seems to perfectly fit my mood this evening.


Down To Rest - O'Death

It isn't that their music is particularly morbid or anything like that. If anything it is kind of like a bluesy alt country kind of sound. But there is just something about it that really, really works for me. Much like Trampled by Turtles worked for me when I first heard them.


Adelita - O'Death

I realize that it has gotten so you can throw a rock and hit a band that has a banjo and a mandolin and several bearded guys with unwashed hair. Thank, Mumford and Sons. But I like that kind of music so for me it is kind of a glorious time to be around musically.  If you don't like it, well that is fine, you don't have to read or listen to what I am laying down for you. I am not sure what caused this kind of electronic blue grass revival but I like it and I like it when I find new bands who play the kind of music that I dig.




No comments: