Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, June 21, 2013

Musical Adventures

So this has been an interesting week for me musically. I have been kind of all over the place and I am not sure if that was because of all the amazing jam band music that Steve gifted me with, or if a movie or television show triggered it or what. My musical choices this week have ranged from the all time masters of Reggae, Jimmy Cliff and Bob Marley to some of the masters of epic metal, Helloween and Manowar. So I guess you guys are going to get a little treat courtesy of me. I hope you feel lucky. Because you totally should.


"The Harder They Come" - Jimmy Cliff

The movie that comes from was made in 1972 and it has the same name. I highly recommend it if you like reggae music and things about Jamica and crime films. If you like Michael Bay or M. Night Shillyshally films then this is not the film for you.


Eagle Fly Free - Helloween

It is hard for me to actually put into words how much I enjoy the hard rocking of this metal band. They are German and they rock so hard. So hard. So just sit back and let the music surround you and fill you with its power and majesty. Feel the drums lift you and drive you onward. There are times where good epic metal is the best thing in the world to listen to and you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not give it a fair listen. It is far more then just music for disaffected long haired stoners.


Perfect Gentleman - Helloween

I had to add another. I just had to.

It is hard to pick just one Bob Marley song, even the ones that were not hits are still amazing and some of the hits are just really, really so good.


African Herbsman - Bob Marley

This song pretty much says it all for me.


The Gods Made Heavy Metal - Manowar

This song explains how the Gods created Heavy Metal and if you losers don't like you can just get over it. Because the God's made Heavy Metal and it's never gonna die.


Thor (The Powerhead) - Manowar

Thor always brings the power and so does Manowar. So you best strap in because you are about to get you socks blown off amongst other things.





No comments: