Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, June 07, 2013

. . . 'Till the End




Love You 'Till the End - The Pogues

Wow...that is a heart wrenching song. I guess I could take it as a hopeful song and there may have been times in my life when I would have. But overall, right now, it feels more somber and painful to me then anything else. Don't get me wrong it is a good song. But it is painful for me to listen to right now.



Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

This is such a good song. It does an amazing job of evoking the sadness of lost friends and feeling alone as you walk through life. Often while the intellect can tell us over and over again that we are not alone. The emotional side of life and the darkness that hides in all of us tells us over and over again that we are alone. Those two conflicting messages can be very hard to fight against. I am not saying that their is some great battle within us for our souls but I suppose some people would argue just that and I suppose it would be easy enough to take that position but I am going to choose not too.


Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

What a classic, classic song and one that I always seem to enjoy and just like listening to.


4 O'Clock in the Morning - The Pogues

Oh boy, this song pulls no punches. It is about death and it is not a pleasant song for me at all to listen to. I guess when inspiration strikes you hold on and your write until the train stops rolling along the tracks even if I am not super happy with what is popping up in the music player to fuel that train. I will never be unhappy about feeling the push to write because there are enough days that it doesn't happen so when it does I just do it and damn the consequences.


Dr. Heckyll And Mr. Jive - Men At Work

I love the chorus in this song. It just soars along and there is something about it that never fails to work for me. Such a good, good song. And with that it seems that the train has slowed to a stop. I hope you guys enjoyed the double post today.



No comments: