Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, December 23, 2013

Bonus Monday Music Post

I thought that I would give my lucky loyal readers a little musical bonus today. I am down at the Coffeehouse and I figured why not give you guys a little more music to help the day go by a little faster on this the eve of Christmas Eve.


So Far From Your Weapon - The Dead Weather

I really do enjoy this band. I enjoy everything that  Jack White does actually and these guys can just really bring it. Their is music just reminds me of everything that was good in Rock in the late 60's and early 70's. Great stuff.


007 (Shanty Town) - Natural Rhythm

As always a little Ska never fails to bring a smile to my face. Ska is the happiest of music. It is really funny, even if the song is about something sad it is very hard for it to not seem upbeat because of the horns and the beat. I just love it.

I think my taste in music is changing again. I have a large amount of hip-hop on my music player and a large portion of it is taken up by Eminem but he just does not do it for me. His level of anger and violence just has began to bother me. I am not calling for a ban of his music by any means but I really do think that it wears on me and it is not something that I need to listen too anymore. But go for it if that is what you are into.


Angel Dance - Band of Joy

This is Robert Plant's new band and this album is really a solid album. There are some very good songs on it.  It is well worth a listen. It is a great mix of blue grass and blues and Led style blues-metal. A great album.

As each day draws closer to Christmas I realize how much I miss Eric and how much I hurt for the people that he left behind. I have some very good Christmas memories of my time with him and it pains me when I am reminded that those days are over and never shall they return. It just sucks.



Born Bred, Corn Fed - The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

I like this band a lot. Very fun and fun to listen too.


Carmina Burana - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

This is one of the great heavy metal pieces of classical music. There have been so many bands that have covered it and I feel like I always enjoy every version of it. It is just a powerful piece.


Gadir - Dark Moor

Yes, I love closing out my bonus playlist this way for you guys. Face it, just give in to the power and the majesty of this band. It owns the epicness.

Thanks Folks. Have a great day.








No comments: