Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, December 23, 2013

Manic Music Monday

I am up bright and early so lets get the music started, shall we.


Alone - Bee Gees

As I have grown older I have begun to enjoy this band more. I am not sure what says about me. But I know that I  just plain enjoy music and most of the time despite all of the disco baggage that comes with ' Saturday Night Fever' I do enjoy the music that the Bee Gees put out. That and I enjoy the skit on SNL.


Selfless, Cold, and Composed - Ben Folds University Acappella Version

I am not a huge acappella fan but the album that Ben Folds put together has some just really enjoyable and very listenable versions of his songs on it. In this format I really do enjoy them. I know this kind of music is not for everyone and in most cases it isn't for me. But in this case I highly urge you to track this album down. 'Ben Folds - University Acappella'

There is something that I like about sitting in the dark of my room with my headphones on and writing. I just like the silence and the darkness. I like the feeling that I am all alone in the world and the page in front of me is totally free and empty. A wide open face that I can fill up with whatever words I choose to use. It is a feeling of total and complete freedom and one of the few true pleasures in my life. I think for me, that is the only real benefit to getting up very early in the morning because the feeling is not the same if I just stay up all night.


Seymour Stein - Belle and Sebastian

More Belle and Sebastian and I am sorry if you are bored of them. I am not and I have a lot of them on the music player and they really do bring some peace to me when I listen to them. It is music that rewards you if you actually listen to the lyrics as well as feeling the music and that is a good thing. It is well worth engaging.


Winter Winds - Mumford and Sons (Piano Tribute)

I love this version on the piano It is just beautiful and so nice to listen to. I enjoy their music anyway but their music in piano form is very nice to listen to as far as I am concerned. It is made for extended listening and closing your eyes and just letting it flow over you. Again and this time without the lyrics but it is music that rewards you if you engage with it and let it fill you. It is okay to feel and it is okay to have emotions when you are listening to music.

There are times when I complain about how emotional I can get about things. But, honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. It is who I am and I think it really does connect me to things and to people. I feel like really at my core all I want to do is to love others and to care for them. Our humanity is what makes us stronger and our compassion is what separates us from the beasts. I know that humans can for sure be beast like, there is no doubt about that. But really it is all about loving each other for me. It is about caring for each other and remembering that we are all just trying to survive in this world and that we are all human. And it would serve us all to remember that.


Royal Jelly - John C. Reilly

This is John C. Reilly as Dewey Cox from the film 'Walk Hard' doing his best Bob Dylan impression. I really do enjoy this movie and I enjoy the spoof songs on it as well. It is worth a watch.


I Need You - America

Not much to say, just sit back and enjoy this. That is all

Hey folks. Have a great day. I know that this can be a stressful time for some or all of us. But hang in there, love each other, take some deep breathes and care for each other. Be well and be compassionate.


I am pretty sure that this is going to be me on New Years Eve and probably several other times during this week. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the Coffeehouse.



No comments: