Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thirsty Thursday...Tunes

Lets keep the love going shall we...


Everything's Just Wonderful - Lilly Allen

I really do love me some Lilly Allen. This is a good start to the day. Though I do not think that ol Phil from Ducky Dynasty feels the same right now. He is on the hot seat for things that he said in a GQ interview and it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out and how his already ardent fan base reacts.

Enthused - Blink 182

This is actually a good song and back from when they were a good band. They are not anymore. But this is a good album.

I can understand why Phil has made people upset. But I am not surprised that he said it. He is an older man, white southern Christian. He is not going to be pro gay. He won't be. So for people to act surprised by this is just silly. It doesn't excuse what he said but don't act surprised just start actually paying attention.


Sci Fi Kid - Blitzen Trapper

This is an interesting song. A little bit to blip and blop and computer sounds for me but I get what they are doing with it. Kind of cool.

Though this whole kerfuffle might be a good reminder for people that free speech doesn't always mean say what you want without any sort of consequences. It means say what you want and if someone disagrees with you then they may stop purchasing your items or stop attending your events. Or they may speak out against what you said. They are free to do that. Sometimes people disagree with each other on things but the world still spins and we are still moving forward.


Brother - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeroes

I enjoy this album more and more every time I listen to it. I just enjoy it. This is a good band and worth listening too. The piano in this song is so nice.


Out On The Tiles - Led Zeppelin

Such a great song. This is one of their top 10 songs as far as I am concerned. It just works and everything about it works. One of my favorites.

He just wants all your love. Is that to much to ask? I don't think so. Love makes everything better. Lets all just love each other, shall we. Who wants a hug?


Close To The Heart - Rush


This is a good note to close us down on today. Be good to each other out there today folks. We are all just people trying to find our way in the world and things are hard enough as it is without us being shitty toward each other.



No comments: