Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thundering Thursday

Are you ready to rock?


Hello Goodbye - The Beatles

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of the Beatles. There is denying the impact that they had on music in general and I am well aware of that as well as their individual and group talents. But I just have never really gotten into their music. I don't enjoy it. I don't think that it makes me a bad person. I hope not anyway. This is a pretty song though.


Disenchanted - My Chemical Romance

This is one of those totally emo and theatrical bands that owes the world to Freddie Mercury and Queen but I do not mind that. Their music works for me. It affects me on an emotional level and I am nut sure the reason but when I listen to it I feel like I should be wearing eyeliner and being all angsty but sadly those days are behind me. In my head though there is a part of me that is that 14 yr old adolescent who is feeling the power of this music and using it as a tool to really express myself at school.


Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne

I like Avril. I really do. There is just something about her music that I enjoy. I like her sense of humor and her pop culture knowledge when you watch her videos. I like that she is unafraid to sing about emotional things and painful things. The style of music that she tends to operate in is not always my favorite style but I do like it now and then and I like what she does within the limits of her musical ability.


Malverde - Red Fang

Hard to go wrong with the pounding metal of Red Fang. They are one of the best music acts to come out of Portland in the last few years if not ever. I really did them. But I know that not everyone is into metal and I am not into some of the newer metal bands that is for sure. But these guys I really like.


Dog On Wheels - Belle and Sebastian

Some more Belle and Sebastian for you. I hope you enjoy the mellowness. This one has some nice horn and guitar work as well.


Circle The Drain - Katy Perry

I really like this song. It wasn't a big hit for her and doesn't sound like her usual stuff so that is why it probably wasn't a big hit. But I think it is a good one and I think it is a about an old boyfriend of hers but I will not say his name. Give it a listen.




No comments: