Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boxing Day Music Fest

It is Boxing Day. Let the music hit you like a fist.


Giving Me A Chance - Gotye

Some nice ambient music by Gotye. His breakout hit was 'Somebody, That I Used To Know' and I thought the whole album was pretty solid. I really do like the ambient nature of his music and I think he puts on a really good live show as well.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and was able to spend some time relaxing or really just being able to do what brings you the most joy. I had a good time with my brother being in town and as a family we went to see 'Saving Mr Banks'. It was an enjoyable film.


Blood On The Coal - The Folksmen

I love the film 'A Mighty Wind' and I loved that the guys who had been Spinal Tap were able to become folk singers named 'The Folksmen' and sounded just as good. What a fun, fun film and a great soundtrack as well.


Something About The Way You Look Tonight - Elton John

This is a pretty typical Elton song and that doesn't mean that it is bad. If you like Elton John then you will like this song. It would be nice to hear something new but I don't think that at his age he needs to do anything new. He has paid his dues and should be allowed to play what he wants to play.


40 oz. To Freedom - Sublime

This is a kind of ska song and I enjoy it. I like Sublime but overall I am not a big fan of dub and what Sublime does is not even really a good version of dub. Now Lee Scratch Perry that is good dub. But I do not dislike this band. Though I do think that if Bradly hadn't OD'd they would not be functioning still as a group if what you can call what they do as 'Long Beach Dub All-Stars' functioning.

I am going to see 'Anchorman 2' with my brother this afternoon. I do like that my family often gets me gift cards for the movie theater as Christmas gifts. I always put them to good use and it is one of the few times that I see actual new films.


Unguarded Moments - The Proclaimers.

I like these crazy Irish twins. Good music


Love of an Orchestra - Noah And The Whale

Not much I can say. I just really love this piece. Some people think Noah is a little too hipster. I myself do not care. I like what is going in this song.

That is it for me. I hope you guys have a great day.






No comments: